State Level Coordination Committee Meeting on Crop Insurance
SLCCCI Meeting conducted on 10-01-2019
- State Level Coordination Committee Meeting on Crop Insurance was convened under the chairman ship of APC & Prl. Secy. To the Govt., to finalise the crops and districts for 2019-20 and to discuss other modalities for implementation of PMFBY. It was attended by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Commissioner of Horticulture, Deputy Secretary to the Govt., Finance Dept., Director, DES and representatives from RBI, SLBC, TSDPS, AIC and other empanelled Insurance Companies.
- The major decisions taken was to implement Revised operational guidelines of PMFBY from Kharif 2019.
- To issue Notification for One year (kharif and rabi 2019-20)
- Inclusion of Tomato crop under RWBCIS on Pilot basis in Adilabad and Rangareddy districts.
- DES to furnish the Insurance Unit wise crops to be notified under Village Insurance Unit and under Mandall Insurance Unit by the end of January 2019.
- Crops to be notified:
|Kharif 2019||Paddy, Jowar, Maize, Red gram, Green gram, Black gram, Groundnut, Soybean, Turmeric|
|Rabi 2019-20||Paddy, Jowar, Groundnut, Black gram, Green gram, Sunflower, Sesamum, Red chillies, Onion, Bengalgram & Maize.|
|Kharif 2019||Cotton, Redchilli, Sweetlime & Oilpalm.|
- Decided to implement the indemnity level of 80%
- Seasonality Discipline-Decision on the cut off dates:
|Season||Crop||Cut off dates|
|Jowar, Maize, Red gram, Green gram, Black gram, Groundnut, Soybean, Turmeric||31-07-2019|
|Rabi 2019-20||Paddy, Jowar, Groundnut, Black gram, Green gram, Sunflower, Sesamum, Red chillies & Onion||31-12-2019|
|Red chilli||To be decided|
- To implement PMFBY in the existing six clusters.
|I||Adilabad, Mancherial, Komarambheem (Asifabad),
Jayshanker (Bhupalapalli) Siddipet.
|II||Nirmal, Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Yadadri, Rangareddy.|
|III||Peddapalli, Karimnagar, Jagityal, Siricilla, Jangaon.|
|IV||Khammam, Nalgonda, Suryapet, Sangareddy, Medak.|
|V||Bhadradri, Warangal (U ), Warangal (R), Wanaparthy, Nagarkurnool.|
|VI||Medchal, Mahabubnagar, Jogulamba, Vikarabad, Mahabubabad.|
- To adopt the Scale of Finance, fixed by the TSCAB.
- To revise the Term Sheets under RWBCIS by constituting a Committee including the Director of Research of Agriculture and Horticulture Universities, AIC and Insurance Companies.
- To implement UPIS scheme in Nizamabad district.
- To include the crop loss due to attack by the wild animals (wild boars, monkeys & deers) where ever the risk is substantial on pilot basis.
- Inclusion of Cloud burst and Natural Fire due to lightening in localised calamities in addition to Hailstorm, Landslide and Inundation.
- The Bid document will be issued in the month of February and notification in the month of March.
- Bankers were directed to complete the Reconciliation of farmers premium for Kharif and Rabi 2018-19 and also to disburse the claim amount to the farmer’s Accounts on war footing basis.
- Insurance Companies were directed to enable the responses to the toll free Nos. in Telugu.
- To deploy the loss assessors well in advance to assess the loss due to hailstorms and localized calamities for Rabi 2018-19.
- To complete the uploading and reconciliation of farmers premium for Rabi 2017-18 season and Kharif 2018.
- To deploy the adequate manpower in the districts well before the commencement of enrolment.
- To respond to the farmer’s grievances with in the stipulated time.
- To take up the awareness programmes for farmers to increase the enrolment.
- To penalise the Insurance Companies for not assessing the crop losses with the time frame fixed by the government of India.