Entries called for Documentary film Contest on Awareness about Child Labour
Documentary film Contest on Awareness about Child Labour
Awareness Campaign on Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act,
The Telangana Labour Department, Government of Telangana, is seeking submissions of 3 minute documentary films to create awareness on Child Labour issues as a part of initiative taken up by the State Resource Centre for Elimination of Child and Adolescent Labour for creating a “Child Labour Free Telangana State”.
According to a notification issued here today, the department has planned to take up the Child Labour Awareness campaigns on the social media networks to sensitise public and to prevent children and minors from getting into labour situations.
The contest includes calling for entries for documentary/short films with duration not more than 3 minutes In English with Telugu subtitles or Telugu with English subtitles. Telangana State Resource Centre aims at receiving several entries which will be uploaded onto social media as a part of the entry submission for a gathering a popular vote, which in itself will be part of the awareness campaign.
The reward for the top 3 winning entries will be awarded Rs. 50,000, Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 10,000, respectively for the popular film on social media. The announcement of winners can coincide with screening the films in districts during the District Level Task Force Committee meetings and public gatherings across Telangana by the respective district administration in all 33 locations on the Day Against Child Labour which falls on June 12th every year.
The theme of the Short Films will be on the following topics:
- Children in Domestic Work
- Children in Agriculture Sector
- Girl Child in Labour Situations
- Adolescents in Hazardous Occupations
- Child Sexual Abuse and link with Child Labour
- Children’s Rights and Child Labour Act
Short Film Submission Guidelines
- The film must be under 3 minutes in length in English with Telugu subtitles or Telugu with English subtitles. The film must be created with at least of the themes as mentioned above.
- The film must NOT be screened anywhere before the contest results are announced.
- The content of the film, can be a narrative, a short story, a social message or animation with the following mandatory content
- The film must have the ChildLine number 1098 displayed.
- The film must display one of the RedCard2ChildLabour posters in the visual (posters can be found at http://bit.ly/2V8MXlm
- The message on penalties must be shown in the film at least once. (Penalty message: The punishment for violating The Child Labour Prohibition & Regulation Act 2016 can be up to 3 years imprisonment, monetary fine of Rs, 20,000 to Rs.50,000 or both.)
- The film must have a call for action message to end child labour in all its forms and create a “Child Labour Free Telangana”
- The film must specify the total prohibition of children in labour situations for below 14yrs age and adolescents aged 15-18 yrs prohibited from hazardous occupations.
- All the production costs and any related expenses for creating the film must be borne by the participants. No claims towards the same will be entertained by SRC or Labour Department.
- All submissions must be in DVD sent to Telangana State Resource Centre for Elimination of Child & Adolescent Labour, Office of Commissioner of Labour, Labour department, TAKS Bhavan, RTC X Roads, Hyderabad 500020 on or before 31st May 2019 and by online link at http://bit.ly/2VAC0rZ
- All submissions will be treated as final and all copyrights for submissions lies with the Telangana SRC
- Upload the films to YouTube for gathering the popular vote. The number of views for the uploaded film will give the popular vote.
- Once you have submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from Telangana SRC within 48 hours. This email will confirm that your film has been received. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours, you should follow up by email (email@example.com) to ensure your film has been submitted properly and is under consideration.
- For specific questions about submitting your film, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The first prize will be rewarded with Rs. 50,000 and second winning entry will be rewarded with Rs. 25,000 and the most popular film on social media will earn Rs. 10,000. Contest winners will be picked by the Labour Department and the decision will be final. The contest results will be announced by 7th June 2019 through media release and online at facebook.com/RedCard2ChildLabour .
For further details please email email@example.com or call 9492555351 / 8008888073